This cheesesteak has all the flavor and punch you could ask for: Cheesesteak topped with sautéed jalapeños, mushrooms, and onions sprinkled with hot sauce.
In this recipe we use a large loaf of Ciabatta bread and whittle it down to sandwich size, the sliced top of the Ciabatta bread allows for an edge to soak up the juices from the skillet for extra flavor. The extra leftover bread can be frozen and used for a dinner in the future. Use an oven safe skillet such as carbon steel or cast iron to place the sandwich into the oven to melt the cheese on top and crisp the bread.
Refreshing lager such as Boston or Brooklyn Lager
1 large Ciabatta loaf
4 beef sandwich slices such as steak-ums
4 slices American cheese
1/2 sweet onion
1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms
1 Jalapeño seeded
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Mexican style red hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cut Ciabatta loaf in half widthwise then slice top off lengthwise to make it into a sub sized roll, cut open roll in the middle to make a pocket, do not slice all the way through
- Sauté the onions, mushrooms, and jalapeños together with a tablespoon of olive oil until caramelized at medium heat. Remove from skillet and place onto another plate
- Cook beef sandwich slices on skillet at medium-high heat, constantly stir and cut up meat into small pieces, the smaller pieces allow for more flavor
- After browned, pile steak into a sandwich sized pile on skillet and place two slices of American cheese on top until cheese is melted
- Spread the sautéed vegetables on top of melted cheese
- Place Ciabatta roll opening over pile and let it sit for 30 seconds, squeeze roll together to pick up the godly pile of yumminess. Any leftovers on the skillet not picked up by the roll, scoop back into roll
- Place two more slices of American cheese on top of the sandwich and rest sandwich on the side of the skillet
- Place into oven until cheese is melted on top
- Sprinkle red Mexican style hot sauce of choice on top
- Cut in half and enjoy!