This recipe is a different and flavorful take on chicken salad: Curry powder and Naan bread give it some Indian inspiration. The walnuts give it a little crunch and the raisins add just a little sweetness. I used a Sous Vide immersion cooker to cook the chicken but if you don’t have one you can cook the chicken by any method you want; I suggest grilled, baked, or braised, but hey if you want to fry your chicken, to each his own.
1 pound chicken Breast
1 teaspoon of curry Powder
1/2 cup small celery slices
1/4 cup walnut halves, chopped in half
1/4 cup rasions
1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
3/4 cup mayo
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
pinch of paprika
1 teaspoon salt
8 slices Naan sandwich size or 4 regular size cut in half
4 large Romaine lettuce slices
- Preheat Sous Vide precision cooker at 150ºF
- Place chicken into zip lock or Sous Vide bag and season with half of salt, pepper, and curry powder
- Place into Sous Vide bath by lowering the bag into the water unsealed before it is fully submerged then sealing up once most of the air is let out
- Cook chicken no less than an hour and no longer than four hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from bath and cool chicken by either placing into the fridge immediately or to be even quicker place in an ice bath
- In a bowl mix the remaining curry powder, paprika, celery slices, walnuts, raisins, sweet onion, and mayo well. Salt to taste.
- Cut up cooled chicken into your desired chicken salad chunk size, I like them at about a quarter to half inch.
- Mix well with the chicken salad dressing
- Chill for about 4 hours
- Serve chicken salad on Naan bread and Romaine lettuce