Beer and Bratwurst: a beautiful match made in heaven. The simplicity of this recipe is also its complexity (huh?), perfect for a 4/20 late night snack. We cook the sausage in the Sous Vide bath soaked in beer at 150ºF, the perfect temperature for sausage. We then finish it by searing it on a hot skillet. This results in one juicy Bratwurst, I’m salivating already just thinking about this recipe.
1 Large Sweet Onion
2 Large green peppers
1 Lager Beer
2 Sub Rolls
- Preheat Sous Vide to 150° F
- Place sausage and pour beer into a zip lock bag
- Place into water bath and let cook for 1 hour
- While sausage is cooking, cut up onions and pepper into slices
- Grease a skillet with olive oil and cook vegetables until caramelized. Place into a casserole dish and cover and place in oven at 200° F to keep warm
- Take sausage out of bath and pat to dry
- Heat up skillet to a high heat and cook sausage, about 30 seconds on each side
- Place sausage then vegetables on sub roll, if desired use mustard
You can also finish sausage and cook vegetables on grill, use aluminum pan instead of casserole dish and keep vegtables covered on a cooler part of grill to keep warm. Finish sausage on hot grill, 30 seconds on each side.