Trader Joe’s has a Summer seasonal barbecue sauce titled Carolina Gold and it’s awesome. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s by you, you can always make the sauce yourself or buy it on amazon, but its pricey.
I created a recipe for BBQ chicken, maybe give this a try for 4th of July? You will not regret it.
10 pieces Chicken thighs (bone in, skin on recommended)
10 pieces Chicken drumsticks (bone in, skin on recommended)
3/4 Cup Molasses
1 Tbsp Applewood Liquid Smoke
Trader Joes Carolina Gold Barbecue Sauce
1 Tbsp Lawry’s Season Salt
- Preheat grill on medium heat
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl
- Pour on the season salt and mix well
- Mix molasses and liquid smoke in a small bowl
- Pour molasses mixture onto chicken and mix well
- Let sit for 15 minutes
- Place chicken onto grill, skin side up for 10 minutes
- Glaze chicken with Carolina Gold Sauce then flip
- Cook for another 10 minute and Glaze chicken again then flip
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes
- With a thermometer make sure chicken is cooked to 175ºF. Grill times will vary based on grill so it is always important to check the temperature for food safety.
- Take off grill and let set for about 5 to 10 minutes and Enjoy!