This recipe will level-up your London Broil game. Cooked in the immersion cooker for 24 hours and then throwing it on the grill, makes this steak melt in your mouth. Let me repeat, this will be super tender. If you like your steak to have a little more chew, all you need to do is adjust the cooking time in the Sous Vide. The cowboy rub, bbq sauce, and liquid smoke bring it all together.
I listed the brands I used in the ingredients if you want to match the recipe exactly but feel free to substitute with your own.
3 lbs Top Round or London Broil Cut
5 Tbsp or more of Trader Joes Cowboy Rub
1/2 Cup of Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp Salt
- Start Sous vide bath at 131ºF
- Rub Cowboy rub generously over the meat. Don’t be afraid to use too much
- Sprinkle salt over the meat
- Place into large Sous Vide Bag. Since this is a longer cook, it is best not to use ziplock bags
- Pour in BBQ sauce, mix it up in the bag well.
- Place into Sous Vide bath
- Wait for 18 to 24 hours
- Preheat grill as hot as you can get it. We just need to sear the meat, it is already cooked.
- Take out of the bath and dry off meat with paper towels. Let it rest for about 10 minutes
- Rub more cowboy rub over meat
- Place onto the grill at 1 minute for each side.
- Take out meat and let rest for 5 minutes. Important: Cut meat into long steps against the grain of the meat.